Sunday, November 25, 2018

Storytelling And The Making Of Lemonade Out Of Lemons


I am having an amazing after effect from my story telling experience on yesterday's Anastasia The Storyteller Radio Show, with a program titled, “Exploring “Empty” And “Full” On The Way To Freedom From Gender Tyranny.” 

Steve, my co-host, who is quite the best possible ally for me in doing this program, helped me achieve, only one day later, a sense of having the softest velvet feeling running all through my inner being this morning.

Without Steve, my end of presenting that show would have been cold and empty. With him, as I heard our unfolding dialogue, listening to the podcast, 3x already since we went off the air, the alchemical magic of turning the inner leaden feeling of emotional pain and distress that had been weighting me down, as it did after our last show, “Coping When #MeToo Hits You,” was transmuted into the refinement of gold  and being uplifted.

WOW!! 

Notice my words. They are a lot about "empty" and "full" and how those two elements make a whole lot of difference in how we are in the world.

A day later, I am truly amazed at how "full" I feel and how markedly different this is from the emotional emptiness I experienced after that last show, “Coping When #MeToo Hits You.”

Anastasia The Super Sleuth (Me) is now readying herself to investigate this wonderful phenomenon, regarding how a simple, but not so easy, broadcast telling of bits and pieces of my story, drawn out by my sensitive and gifted co-host, Steve, could have brought this magic about.

Anastasia The Storyteller Radio, along with our sponsor, the New Horizons Small "Zones of Peace" Project, in real time, is presently dedicating itself to becoming a platform for storytelling, story listening and weaving the two together; the telling and the listening of stories, making the importance of the weaving a meaningful, interactive experience, not only for me, but also for future guests. 

Yesterday’s radio show broadcast event gave that to me, a brief yet momentous experience, in the form of my having had a transformative occurrence from sharing pieces of a very personal story of mine.

The experience, beginning after the fact of the broadcast, is still in the early stages of unfolding in me.  But WOW!!

How do I know this is transpiring in me? 

Well, personal transformation is my business

Shaman that I am, I am familiar with consciousness-changing experiences and how they alter and re-frame our views of self, others, situations, life-course and so forth.  When we can share these with others -- now you're talking about, potentially, reaching for awe.

In fact, what is happening for me – and now continuing, out of my experience doing yesterday’s show with Steve, is already prompting a review and an expansion in the vision New Horizons and myself hold for our commitment to our Beyond Gender Tyranny Initiative and how we see storytelling and story listening playing central roles in where we are heading with it.

Such manifestations of thinking differently and creating new products or projects are a part of the reward!  I love that! Don’t you?

I’ll be back soon with more details as our adventure unfolds on this end. 

Before I do that, I am off to enjoy the sunshine of this beautiful day, after a bitter cold Thanksgiving. 

However, one thing I can say, right off, it was the storytelling, the story listening and the interactions woven throughout that did it for me, helping me turn lemons into lemonade!

No comments:

Post a Comment