Thursday, November 8, 2018

On The Power Of Storytelling In The Excavating Of Our Humaness


Question: Why do I offer these thoughts now?

Answer: Because every day, as I attempt to put my life aright, with my Ethics Complaint no longer draining my life energies, I become more and more aware that it is the telling of my stories and the listening back to the stories of others that is bringing me the greatest amount of healing, day-by-day.

From Ceremony 
by Leslie Marmon Silko


Bridging The Gender Gap
"I will tell you something about stories (he said) 
They aren't just entertainment. 
Don't be fooled.
They are all we have, you see, all we have to fight off illness and death. 
You don't have anything if you don't have the stories."
And, so it is at New Horizons, the non-profit organization of which I am the Executive Director and Founder – storytelling is a vehicle for, even, aiding both men and women to overcome the polarization of today’s #MeToo divisiveness.

Storytelling can be with anyone and everyone, anywhere and everywhere.

It's next of kin is dialogue.

We are desperately in need of these

Try them, as a steady diet, and learn to love the art of storytelling, the art of beautiful relating, the art of living in awe.





No comments:

Post a Comment