Monday, November 5, 2018

Anastasia, Coming Out From Behind The Shadows Of #MeToo Traumas

.
Note: November 7, 2018.

The piece I have written below has been one of my most liberating because in it I am opening the curtain to a troubling ordeal that I have, by necessity, due to legal constraints, held back.

However, when I review what I have written I feel troubled by it. To me I sound victimy, whiney and blaming, none of which are my essential nature.

I think this must be because the circumstances are still quite fresh and far from resolved and integrated, emotionally, spiritually or practically.

As a reader of my blogs I hope you will accept these limitations in what I am sharing here and in future blog articles on the topic of my recent Ethics Complaints.

I write and share with you, my readers, with the hope of contributing, from my experiences and viewpoints, words that can somehow serve.

My Ethics Complaint ordeals, however, have been like nothing I have ever experienced before. Thus I am stumbling and clumsy, I think, in my efforts to share.

Please bear with me as I come to terms with all of this, continuing to present myself as transparently as possible while still quite jagged from it all.

With gratitude, Anastasia

Dear Reader,


Please listen and carefully, if you be so kind, to “Coping When #MeToo Hits You,” now on podcast. 

Draw from what Steve and I offer to inspire your personal sharing and support mine, and find out, if you do not yet know, the healing power of storytelling and story listening. 

This would be so much appreciated. 

I am now beginning to take my first small steps to share the details of the, heretofore obscured, yet horrific, ordeal I have recently undergone. However my doing this is not without hesitation and trepidation. 

Storytelling, in order to be healing, needs story listening with caring, compassion and respect.  I wish this for you and for me, knowing, as I do, the healing power of storytelling and story listening, done with care and compassion. 

So please come into the conversation with Steve and I, as we move forward, with #MeToo storytelling on Anastasia The Storyteller Radio and our Beyond Gender Tyranny Online Course on The Possible Society In Motion Radio.

At the top of the list of stressors, for me, throughout the ten months of my ITAA (International Transactional Analysis Association) Ethics Committee traumatic process was that not even five minutes, in all those months, was ever spent with even one, single, person-to-person exchange, acknowledging or inquiring into the emotional shock and upset I was undergoing, re-discovering my long-buried, long-term sexual harassment and power abuse experiences!

Imagine that!

NOT EVEN FIVE MINUTES! 


NOT EVEN ONE TIME IN TEN LONG, HARROWING MONTHS, DID A SINGLE PERSON ASK ME HOW I WAS “FEELING” ABOUT THIS HORRIFIC FINDING OF MINE!! 

Instead they constantly imposed undue pressures on me; almost all of which was dealt with, from the very first, solely by email and having to do with their organizational needs, with almost nil having to do with me. (Who, with integrity, compassion and respect deals with a sexual/power abuse/harassment by email, I ask you?!!!)

By the time I was fired and quit, I had accumulated over 100 pages of email correspondence from this without having had one full conversation about me!

Even after I asked, almost pleading for someone in the organization, any one, to pay attention to the fact that I was in pain, my words fell on deaf ears.

NOPE!! Not even one time!

Nonetheless I am free now, at last, of this allegedly I’m O.K., You’re O.K., letting-go of Games People Play, mental-health organization.

So it was, with great joy and not a little apprehension, yesterday on the New Horizons-sponsored Anastasia The Storyteller Radio Show, on a broadcast titled Coping When #MeToo Hits You, drawn forth by deep-digging questions from Steve, New Horizons Board Member and my show co-host, I began stepping out, publicly, about the horrific ordeal I have been caught up in, with TWO Ethics Complaint; not only the one with which I began, but a second, against the Ethics Committee itself!

Buyer Beware! 

If you are a U.S.A. TA  (Transactional Analysis) trained survivor of sexual exploitation, on U.S. soil, as I am, you will have no recourse for what you have endured. Their loop holes will protect them but not you. Details available.

OMG!!  Not a pretty picture!

But yesterday I made a beginning!

Finally with Steve in the “super sleuth" role, I began taking my first steps of speaking openly about my original Ethics Complaint for sexual harassment and power abuse by a world prominent TA mentor of mine. 

I will, at last, reveal freely his name on December 22, the one year anniversary of my horrific experience of trying to right wrongs done to me many years ago. Why I have kept his name silent for so long will be understandable then too.

Surmounting obstacles, but now only from within, here I go!

“Anastasia, Coming Out From Behind The Shadows Of #MeToo Ordeals,” I ask that you please join in conversation with me, male or female, victim or perpetrator, friend, family or bystander. 

You can contact me here. 

Or join Steve and I on our radio show broadcasts on either one or both of our two #MeToo-focused online radio shows:


No comments:

Post a Comment