Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Back to school I go


I am determined to learn to be successful with my new radio show, Anastasia The Storyteller (and the Possible Society In Motion Show too) though there is all kinds of innovative technology to become skilled at implementing besides simply being the show host/narrator.
So I am, now, back in school, a student of this new way of doing radio, just barely catching on to the ABCs, definitely not one of the star students in the class. These days I have so much “homework” to do I can barely find time to do much else. If I thought that my many years of public speaking and training, supervision and experience on how to speak, train and lecture, professionally, would see me through starting up a radio talk show and, thereby, allow me to bypass all this new tech stuff, what a surprise I am having.

Not only do these new-type radio shows need those speaking and training skills I’ve been building up since I was little, now I have to learn the tech stuff too and, in some ways, how to do all kinds of new ways of talking.
Nonetheless, as the days go on since New Horizons took on these new radio show projects, last month, day-by-day I find myself becoming more and more immersed in tackling the challenges. And, I really do love the course I am on. The pain is, for sure, worth the gain. And, hopefully, before too long I will even have the know-how on how to have you join me on the air.

Still the effort can be grueling sometimes, at least for me. Furthermore,  the tasks I am learning seem to be changing me, somehow, though I can’t quite put my finger on how.
So I am writing home, now, almost like a kid away at some kind of sports training camp, or that of art, music or ballet or what have you, to say I am a bit homesick for you all. And, I don’t have much time to write. But I’m not forgetting where I come from and how much you are a part of me, even if I’m not writing like I’d like to be doing.

I will write more, again, as soon as I am able.
In the meantime, please know that I think of you always and miss you a lot. And, I do hope that when I am done, or at least further along, in becoming whatever it is that  I am growing into, you will still have room in your life for me, as I know I will have for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment