Saturday, October 6, 2018

How My Ethics Complaint Experience Is Translating Itself Into Community Action


Only in standing alone, these days, battling the impact of sexual abuse and harassment, can a woman be totally decimated by the forces opposing her new, hard-won liberation, brought to the fore by the #MeToo Movement.

I am one of these women, fighting so very hard, each and every day, to learn how to walk free. The effort is difficult in ways I never anticipated myself taking up.  

At the top of the list of the things I am learning is how very much harder, perhaps even impossible would be the battle on my own. In solidarity with my sisters everywhere I am pledged to be in this war until the end.

One of the ways I am moving forward is in tandem with the New Horizons Small “Zones of Peace” Project’s new initiative, the Beyond Gender Tyranny Project

My #MeToo-related stories, presently intensely bound up with my Ethics Complaint challenges, have made me a #MeToo Poster Person for New Horizons, with lessons I am learning through this current challenge, often referred to in New Horizons Beyond Gender Tyranny posts, including two online radio show series, with the following features: 

1. The Anastasia The Storyteller Radio Show -- Offering storytelling related to personal accounts, interwoven with current #MeToo-oriented events;

2. The Possible Society In Motion Radio Show -- Focusing on tools and tips to listeners for moving Beyond Gender Tyranny, based on the more than forty-five years that New Horizons and myself have been researching and developing strategies to address this issue. 

Stay updated on the many ways I am actively in the #MeToo effort with you, with stories, support and guidance, backed by my New Horizons Support Network, Inc., the non-profit organization of which I am both Founder and Executive Director.

Be sure to check out my stories and general post articles on –


and

No comments:

Post a Comment