Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Then There Is The Frustration

I feel such freedom when I experience my wholeness. Sharing the wholeness in me, then being understood and accepted, even supported in my fullness, can lift me right up to awe. Of course, this is not an experience unique to me. You and I know that it just grows out of our basic human nature; our yearning for what is sometimes an unknown something better than what we experience in the ordinary.

I had a Mountain of Awe high from this kind of experience recently; this being acknowledged and understood. It looked to be a genuine gesture and a promise to climb. Then it sank into the ordinary, maybe even a step below. A new friend of mine was quite adamant about my reading, at least, one quote from a favorite writer of her’s, Neale Donald Walsch. I thought/hoped she was, thus, a real walker of the talk. So I gave my heart away.

The quote follows here.

"How is it possible that 6.9 billion people can all claim to want the same thing (Peace, security, opportunity, prosperity, happiness, and love) and be singularly unable to get it"?

With this same friend the backsliding occurred. I felt such frustration and disappointment When it became clear, one more time, how it is possible for so many to say they want what sounds on the surface like the same things and yet be unable to achieve the satisfaction of this yearning, seemingly so likeminded. But not surprisingly there really are so many reasons we are unable to attain what we say we want with one another.

Not the least of these is simply an absence of skill in the art of being human at our best (i.e. the possible human in the possible society). This is some of where my heart and mind visited while I was on vacation; this disappointment and frustration that was already brewing. Thus New Horizons Small “Zones of Peace” Project and our Possible Human, Possible Society Study came to a turning point that grew out of our Abkhazian Dinner event. Recognizing the absence of skill in encounters of diverse natures we saw emerging at the event, right in the midst of our offering to move beyond such limitations, Sue and I took serious heed as to what for us to do next, realizing that we do have a tried and true skill set.

What to do? What to do? Thus we came to a turning point. As I stated before

“We will never see the end of what began …. but we will always remember where our adventure originated.”

No comments:

Post a Comment