Monday, September 30, 2019

How I Put What Matters To Me Into Motion


6:00 p.m.

All but done with this high pressured day, Part II: Reflections On Why Truth Matters To Me

New Horizons Board Member, Lynn Cullather, and I got into a discussion yesterday on the subject of what is pushing me to carry this plan, originating with me, forward, the Truth Or Dare Movement: Destination Capitol Hill.

Lynn wondered if what I am after is changing the world. 

Not hardly, said I! 

“No such gigantic dream like that for me,” I asserted, as I went on to share what I thought motivates me.

Here are a few of my perspectives on the matter.
  • For me truth-seeking, truth-telling and truth-listening bring order out of chaos, peace out of disruption.  That makes them of the highest order, as the alternative is no option at all.
Take a look at how important Congress is making truth-telling or not as a value.
  • With this in mind, I realize that I have, along with the strong foundations upon which our organization operates, the expertise, skills and tools to, at least, offer to contribute what I/we can to the social and political chaos proliferating throughout our country through the package of what our Truth Or Dare Movement can provide, once up and fully operational.
I know, as the original architect of our movement, that of which it is comprised, not only makes my life work remarkably well, but that these elements have also made an important contribution to enhancing the lives of hundreds, possibly thousands of others over the past forty-five years of service.  

We have even saved a good hand full of lives in those years.

Our Truth Or Dare GAME has been at the forefront of these gains. 

So why not, at least, make our best effort to offer what we have that has been tried and found true, with the hope of improvement where there is upset, Capitol Hill among other places, with lies, perceived or actual, being the cornerstone of greatest importance at this time.

Again the words of Charles Krauthammer ring in my ears.
You’re betraying your whole life if you don’t say what you think – and you don’t say it honestly and bluntly.
  • We are after accomplishing the giving of what we have, in full measure, to the best of our abilities, believing that our Truth Or Dare Movement might, minimally, make a small dent by, at least, furthering discussions on the topic of truth. If meaningful conversation is all we accomplish, it might just be something to prime the fire, something that might impact, later if not sooner.
So it is our obligation to take up this task.

Another truth proclaimed in the Jewish High Holiday prayers suggests that it is asked of us, if we are to be the best of ourselves that –
“We must begin with ourselves, but not end with ourselves.”
  • Again New Horizons Truth Or Dare Movement can be an enhanced pathway for doing this, which is why at this time, we are doing everything we can to boost Truth Or Dare capabilities in each and every one of our board members, for starters.  In time, hopefully, these board members will be able to carry our brand of skillfulness out to others in ways that will make a difference.
In fact, among our board members we are already seeing evidence of this from the fruits of our efforts in big and small ways, now that our revitalized Truth Or Dare GAME and its associated GAME community passed its one year anniversary date just last week.

Enough said for today. And just enough to get my remaining four blog posts up before midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment