Friday, April 12, 2019

Another New Book Into Progress Popped Up In Me Today


Now that makes three new ones, plus the seven I have in the waiting: three that are my Random House Trilogy -- and -- four more in various stages of draft, from after I was able, with seven !!!!! eye surgeries, to retrieve my lost eyesight.

Shall I just keep writing book manuscripts and never publish, like riding forever on the MTA?

No, indeed! Not if I can help it!

Obviously, there are lots of tales to be told on this topic, "Anastasia and her books in progress."

Maybe we can take the subject up on a forthcoming Anastasia The Storyteller Radio Show, with multiple broadcasts moving into the creating stages, even today.

Where to go next? 

What is the priority here?

Seems like keeping lots of balls in the air will have to do, until one or another moves into the top place.

Nonetheless, creative projects are pouring out of me, these days, as the heretofore bound, but beautiful energy stored inside of me from holding back my personal #MeToo tales of several male oppressors, is being released on a daily basis, turning lead inside of me into 24 karat, pure gold!

I highly recommend the flow, springing out of one's underground storage, unleashed in the speaking of truth to power, as mine is coming forth!

Maybe that's what's most important here, after all!

The liberation of one's heart and soul, yearning for expression!

Maybe prioritizing is not what's key, just now. 

Anyway, here is a sampling of what is now being put into motion, emerging out of my released storehouse of creative energy:

1. New Horizons Truth Or Dare GAME; 
2. New Horizons Truth Or Dare Movement; 
3. New Horizons Beyond Gender Tyranny Initiative; 
4. New Horizons Possible Human, Possible Society Study Reboot; 
5. Anastasia The Storyteller Radio Shows; 
6. Anastasia The Super Sleuth Storefront Coaching and Consulting, coming soon to ebay.

And more. 

Obviously, with all of this, we, at New Horizons are in dire need of volunteers, now,  and into the foreseeable future, with all this coming into form.

So, keep New Horizons in mind, if you have volunteer hours to spare. 

In the meantime, my dedicated New Horizons Board Members will manage as best we can. 

But it sure is a lot. And we are not so many.

So, please remember us, if you’ve hours to donate.

Today’s addition to my present treasure chest of manuscripts, in progress, is drawn from my recent article, Reflections On Speaking Truth To Power, working title to be –


A Woman’s Reflections On Speaking Truth To Power

Now about the publishing.

Truth be told, my biggest dream is for Random House, my former publisher....., who, like myself, has put a great deal of time, money and energy into those three books of mine that did not come out due to my losing my eyesight... to either:

1. Rediscover me, as they did in 1988, and, again, offer me a hefty advance plus a ghost writer; or 

2. For me to assert myself, under the most favorable conditions, with an offer of my own to them, enticing as possible to attain #1.

Alternatively, might I consider some of what is now called hybrid publishing where an author does not get an advance and needs to lay out monies for editing and marketing and so forth?

We will see. 

I’ve been talking to one such publisher who, in fact, keeps nipping at my heels, hoping for a lucrative publishing contract from me, while I keep them at bay, insisting I’m not yet ready to move forward with editing and publishing, as I am still in the research stage.

However, TODAY, with my last article, I think I have just moved myself out of my initial research stage into manuscript development. 

In fact, today, for only the second time in recent months (and years), since I, by necessity -- and -- with an enormous sense of loss, needed to put The Middle East Crisis In My Backyard aside, due to the central character in that book, Rabbi Morris Kosman, passing away and my being asked, by his family, to let sleeping dogs lie on the subject of the book, a local Jewish/Muslim controversy in which he was key.

I did, as requested on the matter. 

And have been unable until today (and several months ago with this announcement) unable to figure out where else to go with my book writing/publishing energies, a major deprivation for me. 

Nevertheless, since 1988 when Random House sought me out (Imagine that! Every writer’s dream!) book writing has become so much a part of my body, mind and spirit that I have often felt bereft without “a manuscript in progress,” as if one of my arms was missing.

I think now, however, I am getting close to intent, again, on writing a completed book and publishing, as soon as I can.

Which of the recent three, will it be? 

Or will I, first, discover I am pregnant with quads before I get all the way down into one.

I’ll keep you all posted. 

However, book writing is a long-term effort so don’t expect much very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment