Friday, February 16, 2018

Ethics Complaint Update: Lines Of Communication Are Opening


Lines of communication are opening, with dialogue being established between the International Transactional Analysis Association (ITAA) and myself!

What a turn of events, just when I had almost totally relinquished hope!

Still, even with progress being made, it’s been a bit taxing on my end, this past week, as I sat down to move more deeply into filing my formal Ethics Complaint for sexual harassment and power abuse, with my singularly, most important professional association, the International Transactional Analysis Association.

At this point, much to my delight, I do believe, however, that officials of the ITAA, represented by the current international president, are intending to work with me in such a way as to find doable options for managing the healing I need from making the Ethics Complaint I set out to file, the reconciliation needed and the amends due from the sordid situation.

In other words, a positive outcome is looking more and more assured!

Wouldn’t that be nice in this day and age of horrendous misdeeds and negligent, even criminal mishandling of situations of this nature?

I would be so proud of my organization, ITAA, should this all pan out!  And, myself, too!

My complaint, as you may recall, will be regarding my being sexually harassed by a trainer/supervisor,  as well as being severely victimized as the revenge consequences of my rebuff of the aggressor. The result of that horrific episode, in addition to the emotional distress, is that it resulted in major disruption and harm to my professional credentials and revenue.

From where I sit now, it is difficult to know whether the actual sexual harassment was the most distressing or the punishment it garnered.

Nonetheless, today, rather than upset as I was a few weeks back, I am now beginning to feel hopeful that a resolve will be achieved, along with the caring, concern and respect due me.

Right now, I am just trying to come to terms, for myself, with what this whole episode; the finding of the buried documents, opening my mind to what actually happened originally, how and why I suppressed it all for so long, even concealing it from myself, let alone from others, means for me.

Then the initial, informal complaint making back in December, the being ignored for so long, relative to the seriousness of the situation and now experiencing the door opening to resolve and feeling an important new chapter of my life unfolding.

This article has a decent synopsis of what my charges are about, including the ones about my not being responded to by the Ethics Committee.

Oh my! Oh my! I can barely keep up with myself.

I will provide further details and updates as I get myself sorted out.


No comments:

Post a Comment