Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Winner Survivors Are Compassionate Warriors

For a more complete discussion on Compassionate Warriors (Winner Survivors) and their antithesis, Dark Side Warriors (Loser Survivors), visit my Exploring Your Dark Side: The Adventure Of A Lifetime site.

I am remembering this morning how it was that I discovered the wisdom of these words of Viktor Frankl --
“Love is the ultimate and highest goal to which man can aspire.”
Kyle Stephens. 
In my story titled, “Discovering What Really Matters,” I share what is at the core of, perhaps, my greatest sorrow; I did not know, as a young mother, how to respect, nurture and show my love for one of my two most precious treasures, my daughter, Elisa. It took me decades of difficult, conscientious effort to learn what I did not know that so deeply wounded that child of mine.

How very much I wish I could do it over again. But the opportunity is passed.

I see the many times I hurt and betrayed my daughter -- in the poignant, painful reality of Larry Nassar’s abuse of innocent young girls, the same lack of resonance, as the Beloved, by the formerly unsullied girls that were his “patients.” 

Larry Nassar is evil! I was not evil. I was damaged by the emotional torture I experienced at the hands of a mentally ill mother.

Nonetheless, when love is betrayed, especially that of an innocent child, the wound goes far deeper than any other.

Perhaps, beyond the sexual violations experienced by Nassar’s victims and the dominance and control imposed upon them by Nassar, USA Gymnastics, the neglect and dismissal of the University of Michigan and the many coaches and other staff that ignored these girls – the greatest misdeed is how Larry Nassar traded in the currency of love; the love these girls, almost unanimously, had for him. 

I wish Larry Nassar the heartache that, hopefully, will come someday to him, if and when he begins to recognize his betrayal of the pure love of children. That kind of heartache comes to each and everyone of us who learns, at the deepest levels, from our errors. I wish him this lesson.

Larry Nassar is so evil, right now, he is not even in the real game of life.

Alongside him, Donald Trump and Harvey Weinstein, to name a few of those most in the spotlight, are embodiments of the Dark Side Warrior; the warrior-type who does not only does not know how to truly love, but even to care.

Joseph Campbell, mentor of George Lucas, creator of Star Wars, commenting on Darth Vadar, described Vadar as an “unformed man.”

No man (or woman) who would impose himself/herself on an innocent has his/her humanness developed and intact. For, as Frankl suggests, with love being the “ultimate and highest goal to which man can aspire,” only an unformed human can be the carrier of such depravities. 

On the other side of the coin, our beautiful athletes, many carrying the banner of the U.S. Olympic Team, model for us that which is the essence of the Compassionate Warrior; a determination to fight for what is right, backed by the pain of wounded love.

Warrior energies and actions, grounded in love are the opposite of warrior ways based on anything else! This is how the thrust for power, money, status, lust and so forth are bred!


No comments:

Post a Comment