Thursday, April 30, 2015

Solitude


Always it is in the morning in my daily “Conversations With G-d” that my life path takes on clarity regarding its directed meaning.

Of late I have been wondering about that directedness; the guidance that I trust to show me the path I must best follow each day, if my life is to have unity and a reasonableness that makes sense, at least to me. Who is it that is doing the leading, I have been asking myself?

The question particularly intrigues me when I contemplate “My Prophecy.”

Since August of last year when Sue, my colleague, collaborator and Spirit Sister, and I returned from our visit to Elyria (Ohio), the place of my birth and childhood, I have grown increasingly sensitive to the fact that my life has been directed now, for over forty years by a prophecy I received in the midst of  the Watergate scandal.

A long anticipated pilgrimage to one’s hometown, not visited for a good long time, can certainly prompt such contemplations; one of those periodic life reviews most of us are inclined to make now and then.

However, my questioning of the prophecy’s origins became particularly pointed after our return home. The fortieth anniversary of Nixon’s resigning his presidency was a few days after that and the commands of my prophecy are quite intricately woven together with the Watergate break in and its fallout..

I maintain that what I experienced on the occasion of my receiving a vision I later called prophecy came from outside of me. But could I have been mistaken?

It is a bit troublesome, especially when a certain something has consistently been experienced as the guiding light of one’s life, to not know from whence that guidance comes though most of the time I am not particularly concerned about it.

But every now and then I ponder the circumstance, as I did this morning, asking myself along with wondering about the true source of my prophecy, who, indeed, am I really talking to when I tell myself – and a few choice others – that I am talking to G-d every morning?

Jack, my radio show co-host, has been an astrology enthusiast for decades. And while he would not consider himself an expert on its intricacies he can, with a bit of prompting, be enticed into providing me with a few planetary perspectives now and then.

Not too long ago I asked Jack if he could give me some feedback on how the heavens; the planets and so forth, might have lined up that day of my prophecy so as to, somehow, create the conditions for it. Reluctantly, Jack acquiesced to my request, providing me with a cursory glance into possible answers for this mystery of mine.

What did I get from my inquiry?

Primarily the same answer I get most of the time; when I am talking to G-d as I do daily, who I am talking to, be it inside of me or outside, is just simply and not so simply at all -- G-d!

My daily solitude is the playing field for that experience.

So maybe the heavens opened up that day of my prophecy because the planets were lined up in some perfect way to occasion that happening. Or maybe I just happened to have opened up my own self in some certain special way.

Whatever – I have been guided by a prophecy for forty long years that has directed my life path.

How very special!  Lucky me! 

And, lucky me, again, that I know how very much of a treasure is my Solitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment