Monday, April 15, 2013

Sometimes


Sometimes you just know. The signs are there to guide you.
You wake up to a sun-filled day and you know.

You know that the winter cold is done. The storm clouds of hurricanes have passed. The dark of storms is dispelled.
The first morel of
this springtime.
You see the flowering trees in bloom, the daffodils lifting their flowered faces to the light and you know.

Today is bright and beckoning. Another springtime has come to the world. And you and I are a part of it, refreshed.
I remember what I learned as a child –

When I can walk through a storm with my head held high, doing my very best to not be afraid of the dark, at the end of the storm is a pot of gold, perhaps, and the sweet song of life well-lived.
Sometimes you know that. Sometimes you don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment