Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Saving A Life Isn't Easy

A Black Bear Mountain Village Success Story

Also read -- "I Was Afraid She Was Going To Kill Herself": Anastasia Commenting On Tonya

Listen to our broadcast: We've A Mental Health Crisis -- and A Mental Health Solution 

Especially when it takes you a good thirty years plus! 

Why bother you ask?

But oh the joy! 

And, oh the relief!

I can still see Taylor now, sitting on the floor with me, in the small room of my office in Rockville, Maryland just outside of Washington, metaphorically, emotionally and physically backing herself into the far corner as she sat on a small bean bag chair, diagonally across me.

I sat on one too.

The year was 1990. In one way or another she would continue the pattern until .....

This was the room of my office generally used for emotional releasing. TA (Transactional Analysis) and Gestalt therapy trained and certified, as I was, a space like this one was common.

Visiting the home of a colleague in Geneva, Switzerland, years ago, I'd found a similar one there! Yet, almost to the end, nothing I had ever done successfully altered Taylor's core anguish and with it, constant suicide as an option.

It was 1990 when Taylor first came to me for crisis HELP then and there!.

It has taken until now, more than thirty years!! and a great deal of upheaval, including the pandemic, for her to be "almost" crisis-free. 

But now we've done it!! Solid!!

How did we do it, you might ask, even yearning yourself for what she and we have accomplished.

A clue: Creating and sustaining our "small zone of peace" is central. Truthfulness and accountability core principles. Our way is systemic, possible humans doing our best to be our best and pass it on. You can learn and have it too.

Watch the three interrelated blog sites I write. Read through the combination of articles for all three.

There's treasure in "them words." Find them and use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment