The “Lean In” Legacy Principle In Action: Antidote to Polarization’s Poison
For Elisa and Eric
Anastasia’s recipe/formula, applied with constistent repetitions, especially with the same people, paves the path to “awe.” Try it! You will learn to love it!
The recipe/formula represents an analysis and a synthesis of Anastasia’s training and experience with three mentors; numbers two and three, respectively, were Martin G. Groder, M.D. and Murat Yagan.
(The first mentor, my father, was, of course, the super best! He laid the groundwork for me to appreciate and learn from the others. He taught me to think outside the box and to know the sky is the limit!)
|Lead into gold?|
The template is offered as a skeletal framework, as well as a map, for both the challenges and the opportunities that develop craft in the art of “leaning in.”
These steps are an antithesis to the ways and means of the alientation (you are nothing to me, you are the “other,” my enemy) that is infecting our society and politics .
- A situation arises, seemingly totally neutral, no particular human challenge, apparent;
- Actors, players become involved with one another (vs. I/we do not engage or get involved with one another, directly or indirectly.);
- A happening occurs - your initiative.
- You respond with an attitude and actions that reflect the following.
- I see you (vs. I do not see you);
- I care about you (vs. you are a disposable object);
- I care about this “thing” we have in common;
- The happening unfolds -- the other individuals' initiatives or responses allow --
- Pause, connect, converse;
- A shared moment of connection occurs (a bit of traveling together);
- A snag occurs – an “ostensibly” insurmountable obstacle seems to present itself;
- Pause, reflect, shift (opportunity to move from a snag or a potentially charged situation to what might even become magic (often discovered to be an experience of serendipity). Hear this podcast, "When Worlds Collide," for an inspiring story of snags moving to synergy;
- Intuitive/intellectual approach (A good first step but over the long haul, even Einstein tried it and it didn't, fully, work for him either);
- Risk, uncertainty (Allow self and other to discover new ways of being with one another, "outside the box");
- Present a “non-reactive presence”; without judgments, withdrawal, withholding, anger. Allow self and others to move beyond comfort zones;
- Add heart (and a bit of practicality);
- “Lean in,” lean in, lean in;
- Take the route of I "see you" and choose this way; you and I are not enemies or merely the "other". We are a part of the one-ness of life and humanity. I honor this in you.);
- Allow Elegant/creative solutions to arise that encourage movement from "snags to synergy";
- Expect and experience a surprise outcome;
- Allow and experience magic, mystery, "awe" -- a unique moment in time;
- Receive treasures/rewards gained (transforming lead into gold);
- Allow valuable lessons to be learned.