Monday, March 26, 2018

Liberation: Ethics Complaint Update


Somewhere, somehow, almost without my noticing, struggling progressed into liberation.

Somewhere, somehow I began to find what I considered to be legitimate ways around the seemingly inhumane demands of the Ethics Committee; to find pathways that suited not only demands that “felt” solely legalistic, without regard for the human, social context of what had happened, regarding my complaint of sexual harassment and the dominance of power abuse and retaliation for my rebuffs to sexual advances.

As I write this, I am not certain my modifications of the Ethics Committees stipulations will be acceptable to them. However, the path I am choosing from here forward, in order to complete the complaint process that is a daunting task for me currently, beyond measure, is going to suit me! 

And those closest to me, loving and supporting me.

Of this I am certain!

This is how I will tell my story, aiming for the highest good.

What the Ethics Committee will do with my submission is not something I will, now, allow to fully define the parameters and content of the story I have to tell; a tale of sexual harassment and power abuse I have kept buried and hidden, even from myself, now, for twenty-five years! 

Most importantly I am beginning to “see” that the effort I am making regarding my Ethics Complaint is merely an outer manifestation of what I am needing to address in myself, in order to carry out the demands of my soul’s destiny; demands crying out to me to remove that which is interfering with my attaining the best of myself; for myself and the service demanded of me as an actively, participating human in this life.

It is this notion that holds the perspective, lying behind my stating, in an earlier blog article, that “fierceness is not enough!” 

There is a quiet place within each and every one of us that cries out for us to align ourselves with a higher order beyond that which we can visibly see.

That place can be experienced, only through love, tranquility and peace with all living things.

Comfort in that place is what I am now seeking as guidance while I continue, at times, to struggle with the details of my “formal” Ethics Complaint.

This aspect, the spiritual, is more often than not, a woman’s way, naturally. Thinking on this I am reminded of a Biblical phrase --
I'll be a light at your feet and a voice behind you. Follow it!
I believe I see this value in Melania Trump, even in Stormy Daniels. 

In Rose McGowan, I’m not so sure.

What is your way of dealing with #Metoo?

I hope you will write and share “your way” with me. 

Contact me at mountainwomanrj@aol.com with your #Metoo stories, male or female.

Have a happy day! 

The snow is melting and it looks more and more like Spring is truly on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment