Monday, November 6, 2017

Breaking The Spell


More unfolding, on this end, from the Harvey Weinstein fallout

A New York Times article titled, The ‘Click’ Moment: How the Weinstein Scandal Unleashed a Tsunami, calls attention to a Mss Magazine edition that put sexual harassment in the workplace on its front cover, forty years ago, this month. 

Where were you when this article – and – the ones that accompanied it were published?

Were you still in diapers, or possibly an unborn? 

Or were you, like myself, already an active part of the movement to liberate women that has been going on for well over a hundred years; the movement of women fighting the good fight for the respect and dignity we all deserve? 
Wow! What a brew
have we here!

Where was I?

I was deep into teaching women to honor their bodies through my first workshop series titled “Scripts, Sexuality and Self.”

For close to twenty-five years I continued on with variations of this program, often doing weekend intensives at beach and mountain locations. Whenever and wherever I could bring women together to help empower and support them. 

And help them draw support from one another; something almost none of them had ever done before; women as a sisterhood was something that just wasn’t done at the time.

Even when I did my last weekend retreat in 1998, right before I lost my eyesight

With more than forty years experience under my belt, helping to empower women, as you can imagine, I have much to throw into the ring these days, as we, as a society, seek to find our way through the chaos of women being sexually harassed, used and abused -- and -- finally the dirty deeds now being seriously discussed.

I have so much to offer on this issue to help it resolve. But I am world weary today from all the heavy-lifting, working to free my own body, mind and spirit from all that has been being bypassed, now, for decades, that is being uprooted personally, on this issue. 

So I think this is enough for today. It is not so simple, these days, to just sit down and produce an article. There is so much to assimilate. So much to contemplate on how to best move forward through these challenging times. On my end heavy, heavy lifting!

It does look, however, as if we are heading for a long-desired destination; “winning in the battle of the sexes,” a greater peace now on the horizon. 

But lots of work to be done to get to this place of potential awe.

Long time coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment