Saturday, December 23, 2017

#MeToo House Cleaning


Of course I cannot know what is going on in your office or workplace or home. Any more than you can know what is going on in mine. But I can tell you this -- while I am continuing, as usual, getting ready for the holidays and the start of the new year, there must be an added alert, along with the ordinary.

So the other day, while I was digging in to some unexpected corners, here and there, intent on clearing away the clutter of my life, preparing myself for a cleaner 2018, a set of files I found in a long, stored-way drawer, jumped out at me, in a most startling way.
Courtesy
www.dreamstime.com

Lo and behold, I had unearthed, most unexpectedly, a HUGE cache of clinical training notes and correspondence having to do with some serious power-abuse of me by a former trainer and supervisor, with an added touch of sexual harassment. 

I had been bypassing the whole of it, in my conscious mind for decades!

You could almost call it a workplace, sexual harassment  situation, although it wasn’t exactly that. Instead it was more of an academic situation whereby one of my clinical training supervisors had not only oppressed and frightened me, with his power-over me position repeatedly, though I had called him on it and asked him to stop, but had also taken serious, career defeating actions against me for my rebuffs of him.

OMG!

What had I here?

Startled by my discovery, one of my first thoughts was that what I had found could have taken me down, but it did not! 

Thanks to the blatant, once spotlighted, outrageous evil of Harvey Weinstein and the now expanding women's power movement, I thought, almost immediately, that I had unearthed a buried treasure trove; something that, given the current climate, would be likely to hold seeds of another layer; these almost unimaginably -- of transformation and liberation for me!

Whoopee!

After a day of cogitation on my findings, I reached out to share my discovery with a dear colleague of mine, known for forty plus years. With this behind me for support, I contacted my professional training and accreditation association. 

And, lo and behold, before too many more hours had passed, I had both written and called the highest officials I could find from that particular organization and had begun the process of making an Ethics/Professional Practices complaint.

Can you believe it? 

Thank you Harvey Weinstein and women united!

So today I am immersed in preparing full documentation for that professional association which will remain anonymous, for the moment, until further notice. 

There is so much to copy, letter after letter of correspondence from a twelve year teacher-student relationship that went south, costing me much professionally; more than I can put a price tag on now.

Going through this stash, I am sometimes in so much pain!

Bottled up grief from things I have been containing, holding it mostly all to myself – for decades. Just as I had done about my child abuse and spousal abuse from my daughter’s father. 

I am masterful at containment. Now I hope I am being masterful at RECLAIMING ME!

Still, I am, off and on, in so much pain!

Yet so grateful to be alive at this time of expanding female liberation and equality!

Just  look how much freer we are becoming, collectively, day by day, now. 

And, for me, personally and professionally, I am so appreciative that out of the pain Anastasia, ME, is getting to rise again in the form of being able to serve my community, in a specialized way that is close to my heart, as I had done in the past, with more knowledge and expertise in how both men and women can move beyond gender tyranny than almost anyone, other than my devoted followers, collected in my close to forty-five years of professionally dealing with male-female sexuality issues, can imagine!

Anastasia, meaning of name --- “She who rises again!”

See New Horizons’ recent press release, "Beyond Gender Tyranny," on the professional angle.

Whoopee, transformation and liberation lie just ahead!

Thank G-d! 

Long time coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment