Tuesday, August 31, 2010

An Anti-Semitic, American Jewess
Embroiled In Controversy

Excerpted (edited and unedited portions) from a manuscript in progress, “The Middle East Crisis In My Backyard” by Anastasia

The story I "promised" (in 2008) not to tell (at least for a year or two), the tale of --

"The Middle East Crisis In My Backyard"

(A tale of an experience of local Jews and Muslims that hurts my heart still -- because we had to "settle" without a hint of genuine awe. At the same time it provided me with the opportunity to re-claim my Jewish heritage with pride.)

Begins tomorrow in some kind of unfolding progression.

I have fulfilled my pledge -- and then some. Now seems a proper time for my tale.

It is a tale of sorrow and discovery and re-discovery, offered with hopes for a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment